Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Hedwig
I just saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch, performed live at the Warehouse on 7th Street NW. It's only showing for a couple more nights, so see it while you can.

I'm not going to write a review of it; that's someone else's job tonight. In general, though, it was a lot better than I had thought it was going to be. I knew nothing of the story, I only knew that some people compared it to Rocky Horror. What an inapt comparison. Might as well say anything with gender issues, glam sensibilities, and rocking songs is like Rocky Horror.

The beauty of the show is in the breakdown. Hedwig floundering and at a loss. That's when real feeling comes out.

Anyway, I'm off to study how bodies break down polysaccharides.

(Oh, and did you know I'm going to Japan?)

2 comments:

Missy said...

Ha, just caught this - looks like you and I are very much on the same page about the Rocky Horror comparison - your assessment reads like my lead!

chovak said...

heh. I was trying not to put anything out there that I thought you'd write about, but hey, minds.