Thursday, September 25, 2008

Alpha Dope

Here's a revelation: Bush is a horrible speaker. But I'm starting to wonder if it's on purpose. Check out this video:



I don't buy the presenile dementia.

I also remember him speaking just fine when they showed him chatting in a clip from the early 90's in michael moore's film. Is it his swagger? Is it a game where he proves to himself and his inner circle that he can talk like that in public and STILL be THE most powerful human? Is it a persona that he's put on like Stephen Colbert has? Does it serve some political purpose to be that way? I know when I talk to someone that stupid I lose interest and stop asking questions. Is that his way of deflecting media scrutiny?

I wonder this because I was watching Colbert last night and they showed a clip of him saying something incredibly stupid. I don't remember what it was, but it was indeed hilarious. But you'd think by now, nearing the end of his second term, if it were a priority he'd develop some clue about how to speak well in public. But no. I mean, we've had YEARS now of absolute gems. And they haven't trailed off as far as I can tell. Every time he breathes in public, he provides late night fodder. Obviously the Harvard MBA is not as dumb as he comes off. I'm thinking it might be deliberate.

No comments: