Friday, August 22, 2008

The $5.06 Burrito

I go to Baja Fresh a few times a month. It's just across the street from the office. The Burrito Ultimo, while no Chipotle, is still a pretty good burrito. It's pretty cheap, but I've got a way to make it $2.00 cheaper every time.

The receipts. Almost every receipt has a website on it where you can rate Baja Fresh's service and get $2.00 off your next purchase. I fill out the survey, say I "May or May Not" recommend Baja Fresh to a friend, and I get a code to write on my receipt. I buy another burrito for $5.06 and get another receipt with the same deal on it.

This has been going on for a year. One time, just once, I got a free drink instead. don't know how they're staying in business.

Oh wait. Laziness. They're counting on everybody being too lazy to read their receipts. Must be working.

A friend of mine has been doing the same thing. The cashiers were on to him, because he was practically coming in every day. They refused to give him the receipt once. Little did they know, he had another back in the office. They gave up afer he stopped going there every day.

Enjoy your burritos! (It works on tacos and the rest of the menu, too.)

No comments: