Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Jeans

I'm stopped at a red light on my bike somewhere on Georgia Avenue. Three people start walking in the crosswalk in front of me. Two girls and a guy. One of the girls is in all black, from her shades down to her plastic ankle-cast. She says to the guy, "Are those new jeans? They look GOOD."

The guy says, "Yeah," and mutters something else as they walk away. At the same time, I think to myself, "I need new jeans!" and I check out what the guy is wearing. Dark blue, boot-cut, with a understated acid wash. I think, "Not bad."

The girl in the black cast sees me looking and smirks. On the other side of the road, now, I see her lean in close to the other two. Then the guy whips his head around and looks at me. I shake my head, as if to say, "Look, I just need new jeans, okay?"

No comments: